Beaver Accepts Blue Shield & HealthNet through Covered California Marketplace - Update
June 26, 2014
通过Califor个人购买保险nia's new Health Marketplace, Covered California, can see any Beaver Medical Group doctor if they choose a Health Net or Blue Shield plan.
Beaver Medical Group is contracted only with the Health Net and Blue Shield plans offered through Covered California.Health Net offers all levels of plans (Bronze, Sliver, Gold and Platinum) on the Marketplace. The medical group doctors will not accept any of the other plans offered through Covered California.
Covered California, the State health care marketplace put into place as a result of the federal Affordable Care Act, will offer health plans to all Californians needing insurance beginning in 2014 and beyond.
Facts about the new Health Marketplace:
- Open Enrollment for 2015 will be November 15 - February 15, 2014. If you do not enroll during this period, you will not be assured a health plan will cover you.
- All Californians can qualify for insurance. People with pre-existing conditions will be accepted, at no additional charge.
- People on Medicare cannot choose plans on the new marketplace. Many Medicare Advantage and PPO plans are available for Medicare beneficiaries.
- 有三个金融援助计划买我nsurance at Covered California based on income:
- Premium assistance (up to $45,960 single/ $94,200 family)
- Cost-sharing subsidies to reduce deductibles & co-pays
- More people to qualify for Medi-Cal
- A cost calculator that includes financial assistance information is available at:https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare/
- Options to enroll are:
- Through Covered California atwww.coveredca.comor 800-300-1506.
- Through Health Net by calling 1-877-527-8409 or visit:
- Calling a local insurance agent certified by Covered California. A few local partners include: Hub International: (909) 793-2373, George Litchfield: (909) 792-3300, Dave Nash: (909) 792-4410 and Barich and Associations: (909) 793-0385
- Four plans types of plans are available. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. They will offer co-pays at different rates per each type of plan, depending on the monthly premium cost. Basically, the higher the monthly premium you pay, the lower the co-pays and deductibles will be.
- 会有l be a tax penalty for not having insurance:In 2014, an individual who does not have health coverage will face a tax penalty of 1% of income. These will increase to a 2% tax penalty in 2015.However, some individuals may be exempt from paying a penalty, learn more here:Covered CA Tax Penalty
- If you have a life-changing event such as the loss of a job, death of a spouse or birth of a child, you would be eligible for special enrollment period within 60 days of the event.Click here.